Monday, July 16, 2007

Final CA update!

AAAAA! We're moving in 2 weeks! There's no way I'll get everything packed by then!

Whew, sorry about that, just a little panic setting in.
Here's an update on things.

Resolutions:

1. Keep up with my exercise routine.
Slacked off during the Utah vacation, but I'm back walking, sadly without my friend! I hope she is enjoying her stay in Hawaii. Walking is very boring without someone to talk to.

2. Eat more legumes.
This one has kind of gone on the back burner because we've scraped the 4-week rotating menu for these next two weeks in favor of a menu that will use all to food in the fridge and freezer. We'll start again, probably in Sept. when we're finally settled.

3. Write in my journal once a week.
Once again, vacation interfered with this, but I plan to write until we move. After that, who knows!

4. Write in my blog once a month.
Still good here, even more than once a month! I probably won't be posting the first week in Aug. though.

5. De-clutter one room a month.
This month it's the whole house! I hope I can do it!

Compact:
The compact has been suspended until Sept. 1st in light of our move and the great possibility that we may need to buy new stuff in the process. C'est la vie. On the bright side, it has given me a chance to think about making some purchases with future Compact adherence in mind. For example, I want to buy some cloth shower curtains. They look much nicer than plastic ones, last longer, and when they get dirty, I can throw them in the wash (in my very own washing machine!) instead of in the trash. I also want to try some rechargeable batteries. I've had bad experiences with them in the past, but it's been such a long time ago surely they must have improved. And I'm tired of buying so many batteries, even if we do recycle them.

There it is! I can't guarantee that I will blog again this month, so if not....

See you in NJ!
Alberta

No comments: