Sunday, June 18, 2006

Orange County Fair

Surprised? I was too when I discovered that OC has a county fair! With livestock and everything! Why do I bring this up? Well, just today I dropped off my entries for the fair. Crocheted, of course.

I entered a new category this year called "Help a Child Smile". You enter an item a child might like or need, such as a blanket or a stuffed animal, hand crafted of course. The items are judged and at the conclusion of the fair, they are donated to a local children's hospital. I thought it was such a great idea! I've actually been wanting to do something like that for a while, but couldn't find the right venue. This is perfect! So I crocheted a pink hooded baby blanket to donate. It's cute! And fun to make in bright pink, which I don't often get to do as I have two boys and no girls. I'd post a picture, but my camera is missing (!) and the item is already gone. Maybe when it's on display at the fair (assuming I find my camera!) I'll take a pic and post it.

The other item I entered was the blue ponchette posted here many months ago. It's still new since I haven't gotten up the nerve to wear it (or wash it!). Maybe I'm just weird, but I hate to wash and wear things that I've crocheted myself. That's why I like to give things away as gifts. I don't mind if other people wear them; that's what they were made for! I just don't like to wear them myself. I just like to make them. Is that weird?

Well, enough rambling for today.
Alberta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'd love to see what you knit! And in pink! I think it's wonderful that you are participating in the fair. Helping others is one of the best joys one can give others as well as oneself. :)

I truly hope you find your camera. Mine is broken, with no hopes of repair. I'll need to purchase a new one. *sob*

Your One Skein Secret Knit Pal