Hi everyone who is still checking my blog in the hopes that I will post (all one of you). To you I say, sorry! I was/am so overwhelmed with Primary stuff, I had to let some things go, and this was it. But I think I may be able post again to a limited degree. Plus, it's 2007!
So with that in mind, here are my 2007 Resolutions:
1. Keep up with my exercise routine.
2. No buying sugary snacks.
3. Write in my journal once a week.
4. Write on my blog once a month.
5. Declutter one room a month.
I usually don't make resolutions because they are so hard to keep and why resolve to do something you know you won't! But I think these are ones I can keep. Besides, I plan to give myself a lot of leeway, and if I happen to mess up, that doesn't mean I get to throw them out. I'll just pick it up the next time around.
Here's my plan in more detail:
1. I go walking most every weekday morning at 7am with a couple of friends in the ward who also live in my housing complex. The key is someone else is counting on me to show up, so it's harder for me to flake. It's worked well for over a year now, so I resolve to keep it up! (I know, it smacks of cheating, but at least I have one resolution I know I'll keep!)
2. This doesn't mean I can't eat sugary snacks, I just can't buy them. And if I do get a craving for, say, chocolate, I have to make it from scratch, which will be healthier anyway. So homemade snacks like cookies etc. are okay. I think this one will be the hardest to keep!
3. I don't write at all now. I know, terrible! But setting a goal of writing every day seems impossible to me right now, so I figured if I could get to the point where I write once a week, on Sunday, it would be doable.
4. I'll post at the beginning of each month, within the first week. If I happen to miss a month, I'll post the next! No pressure!
5. I go crazy if I have a cluttered house. Really. But I live in a small apartment with two kids and a husband and not enough storage. This resolution is for my sanity, so I this is the one I most want to keep. I'll start with my bedroom (jan), then the boys room (feb), the bathroom (mar), the porch (apr), the kitchen (may), and the living room (jun). July I'll take a break then start over. Anything that hasn't been used in the past year goes to DI or freecycle.
There it is. I'll use my monthly blog to review my progress. And thank you to my one reader for sticking with my through this long post!
Happy New Year!