Friday, October 05, 2007

Crochet in the news

Here's an article I ran across in the Deseret News. I knew crochet was therapeutic but I had no idea!

INMATES CROCHET FOR CHILDREN

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - Officials at the Salt Lake County Jail are using crocheting in their continuing effort to rehabilitate inmates. Earlier this month, jail officials and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, who cosponsor the program, presented Primary Children's Medical Center with a number of crocheted items that female inmates had been working on for the past year.

Read the full article at http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695214691,00.html

A great idea, in my opinion. They should have the male inmates do it too. Really, it's okay for guys to crochet! Here's my favorite crochet guy.

Power to the Hooks!

PS In case you were wondering, I still don't have a calling. I'll let you know as soon as I do!

No comments: