Saturday, April 01, 2006

On callings...

It is so fun to hear about others experiences with callings. I'm a little surprised to hear of other people who have refused to be released. I'd imagined it didn't happen that often, because we frequently hear how we shouldn't refuse callings because they are inspired from God. You'd figure it works the other way too, that if it's time for you to be released, that is inspired too. (That idea really helped me a lot when the time came to leave my mission.) But I guess some people don't make that connection. Or maybe it's just that they've gotten so comfortable where they are, they don't want to change. I can kind of relate. I'm really comfortable with my current calling and when I thought they were going to give me a new one, I was quite nervous. Never enough to refuse a release though. I also wonder if someone might refuse a release because they feel they can do their calling better than anyone else in the ward....

On another vein, one of my most favorite callings was Family History Coordinator. Fun, and not a music calling (my only one, if you don't count my mission)! And the spirit of Elijah is awesome! As far as music callings go, believe it or not, I actually enjoy being choir director! I've been choir director 3 times, twice in a singles ward, and once in the married student ward. That choir was AWESOME! Of course my next calling will be one I dread, like Primary President or nursery leader.

Well, enough musing for today.
Alberta

No comments: